Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Coconut DF gig Global Village festival@Scholey Park in Tattershall, Lincoln.

Festival entrance


The Day part 1


Few days ago Dave Fielding's [The Chameleons] current project Coconut DF was asked to play on the last minute in The Global Village Festival so without much notice they were lined up to play on saturday afternoon.
It was time to pack me stuff, get my travel bag ready and visit my friends in England.

Lincoln Suburbs. Looks posh!

After meet my friend Gaz in his place in Lincoln friday afternoon and have a couple of beers and a chat we decided to head straight to the Festival.


The initial plan was to go and see Exit Calm-Ex Lyca Sleep guys-in Barnsley that night but after text Rob the guitarrist he told me the gig was re arranged for the 28th . Bugger!! I hope to have the chance to see them pretty soon because they are the most promising band in Northern England at the moment.

http://www.myspace.com/exitcalm


I was stunned with the small villages we drove across on the way to fest near Tattershall. Very nice pintoresque English style houses. Everything looked very green, tasty, flowered decorated and very clean. Lincoln has definetly a lovely countryside. The roads were narrow and Gaz took me hrough some shorcuts he knew which made the journey even more enjoyable.

Bardney, on the way to Tattershall

I can only feel sorry for all those massive hords of spaniards going every summer to overpriced London, thinking they ve seen it all in England. Idiots!. I tell you what, better to keep things like they are, otherwise these unique places on the countryside would loss their genuine charm.

I ve only missed the chance to stop in one of the odd traditional pubs in any of the small villages we saw on the way and enjoy a nice pint of Bitter, but we had better plans to do. See our mates Dave&Becky, our Lincoln friends and other usual suspects.


We although stopped in an old catholic Abbey to make some pics [Well actually what it was left of it]. According to my friend they were all over the country and they were burned down by Henry the VIII when he converted to protestantism.

Tuppholme Abbey
Interesting.



This places have always an intense energy to me.

As soon as we got in the place Gaz gave me a free pass, a wrist band which I could use the whole weekend. Nice one!

The weather was a bit cloudly and it poored down a bit from time to time on the afternoon but it was that sort of light rain you get in England that doesnt lasts too long. But coming from Madrid and been +40c I can guarantee you I enjoyed the rain a lot.
Alcohol wasnt sold on the fest premises so we did make sure to buy crates of beer and cider and other refreshments for the next days. And I tell you what, its been possibly the cheapest festival I ve been in my entire life!


That Van said: Got more drugs than a chemist

It was certainly a plus to have your favourite cold drink anytime and avoid, like in other overcrowed events, long annoying queues for a expensive warm plastic glass of crap beer.

Some friends: Rockin' Bob, Dave, Gaz, Darran, David Becky and Emma!

Wikitt

The festival had its own Chill Out ZonE

We saw this bloke walking on the distance. The perfect good place to chill.

We saw some of the bands and some were very good but unfortunetly and due to alcohol intake I didnt pay much attention to set lists or any bands names.

Gaz, David, Dave Fielding and Darran

Bo trying to catch the freezbee

The best was about to come the next day.


Photo by Darran
We stayed until the live music finished and we decided to head back to Lincoln to see again our friends in the next day.

err..thats me. Photo by Darran

Darran and Rockin' Bob!


end of part 1

No comments: