Monday, September 01, 2008

Trip Barcelona-Paris

Triumphant!

So here we are after summer holidays. The last week of August I traveled from Barcelona to Paris all along the coast to Perpignan in the french side and then Carcassone, Toulouse, Limoges and finally Paris. Everything was done on the most improvised way, no luggage, no route, no plans.... just the motorbike and me. I couldnt even imagine, when I started my trip that I was going to get that far.

Port de La Selva [Catalunya]

It was a fantastic ride, great roads and motorways [French ones are supposed to be the best ones in Europe] , blue skies all the way and the best of it useless speed radars. The bikers paradise.

Pere Lachaise cementary Paris

I drove through many villages and visited some interesting places in Paris that I will keep uploading the next days. I also went to make some photos in the Pere Lachaise cementary where we can find the graves of Honoré de Balzac, Georges Bizet, Maria Callas, Fédéric Chopin, Eugène Delacroix, Oscar Wilde, Moliere and Jim Morrison amongst many others. It was something I wanted to do since a long time ago.

Rue Beautreillis Paris. Here lived Jim Morrison before he died in July 1971

Banyuls sur Mer France

Port de La Selva Sunsets


Almost 3.000 Km of fun with a Honda CBR 929 RR.

I will upload more stuff of my trips this August on the upcoming days.



1 comment:

Blogoblo said...

"Everything was done on the most improvised way, no luggage, no route, no plans.... just the motorbike and me."

Éso da vida. Mucha vida.

Las benditas dos ruedas le sacan a uno el espíritu aventurero hasta de debajo de las piedras, si hace falta.

'No route, no plans'... ¡genial!

Un saludo en V.